Going in to the fifth day of the competition and Anna S, Yashaswi R and Imhotep W from the British International School of Ljubljana are doing fantastically well at the top of the student leaderboard! Can they be caught??
In honour of our top students, here are some facts about Slovenia…..
- Slovenia is bordered by four countries; Austria, Italy, Croatia and Hungary
- Over 400 brown bears make their home in Slovenia.
- Slovenia has lots of quirky food festivals including the Salt Makers’ Festival, Cabbage Festival, Chestnut Sunday and Bean Day to name a few.
- Some scenes from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed in Slovenia’s Soca Valley.
- The famous Lipizzaner horses originate from Lipica in Slovenia.
- Next month, Slovenia will celebrate its 19th Birthday!!