Take Action & Inspire Change
Nelson Mandela Day marks a day of remembrance. Remembering a respected and inspirational man who passionately advocated conflict resolution, democracy, human rights, peace, and reconciliation.
In honour of Mandela, let’s challenge ourselves to take action and inspire change to make our world a better place. Here are a few ways to inspire positive change in your life – together we can build a global movement for good.
- Teach. Teaching is not primarily telling. Teaching is helping other people learn, and taking the time to enhance the capabilities of others – such as learning a new skill.
- Educate. Educate those around you on the importance of unified humanity and peace. Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world.
- Help others achieve their goals. Provide encouragement and assistance to others wherever you can.
- Make a new friend. Get to know someone from a different cultural background. Only through mutual understanding can we appreciate the diversity of our wonderful world.
- Smile and be friendly. Sometimes a simple thing like this can put a smile and warm feeling in someone else’s heart, and make their day that little bit better.
- Volunteer. Help those who are less fortunate than you, and work towards making our nation and our world a better place.
- Stop to help. Take the time to help those in need and provide assistance wherever you can.
“It is in your hands to make of our world a better one for all.”
~ Nelson Mandela~
We would love to hear how you are inspiring change in your school and in your home. Please share your thoughts with us.