June Mathletics Master Class
We are pleased to announce that our June Mathletics Master Class is Mme. Samoilescu’s class at Copeland Public School in Brampton Ontario. We were impressed by Mme. Samoilescu’s passion for academic excellence and dedication to student achievement. Mme Samoilescu believes in cultivating talent from an early age and inspiring students to continually take risks with learning.
School: Copeland Public School, Brampton, Ontario
Teacher: Mme. Samoilescu, Grade 4/5 French Immersion Teacher
Read on to learn about how Mme. Samoilescu has integrated Mathletics into her classroom and uses it to support her classroom and numeracy goals.
Mme. Samoilescu uses Mathletics to engage and inspire her students to reach even further. The students have set many Mathletics goals allowing them to extend their learning, or as Mme. Samoilescu says “jump in the pool, meaning taking risks in learning by challenging [themselves].”
Below are some of the Mathletics goals the class has set and achieved:
- Goal 1: Become the number 1 class in Canada’s Top 50 Classes on the Mathletics Hall of Fame by April 1st – ACHIEVED
- Goal 2: Aim to place as high as possible in the World’s Top 50 Classes – ACHIEVED
- Goal 3: All students to place on Canada’s Top 100 Students – ACHIEVED
- Goal 4: By the end of the school year, all students to place on the World’s Top 100 Students – 50% ACHIEVED!
Students track their progress and celebrate their efforts and success. Each time the class places 1st on Canada’s Top 50 or the World’s Top 50 classes, Mme. Samoilescu rewards the students with a Pizza Party.
“Our class works very hard to achieve it, it’s not about the pizza party, it’s about achieving our goal to put our school in first place.” – student
The learning doesn’t stop once the goal is achieved. Even after the class has achieved the set goal, they continue to strive to maintain their level on the Mathletics Hall of Fame by:
“not giving up, keeping on trying, jumping in the pool.” – student
Mme. Samoilescu demonstrates the power of setting goals and how you can use Mathletics to support your students’ learning and benchmark success.
Congratulations to Mme. Samoilescu and her students.
Keep up the good work!
Do you have a fun or creative way you integrate Mathletics in your class? If so, you could be a Mathletics Master Class of the Month too!
Become the Mathletics Master Class of the Month
Do you love using Mathletics in your classroom? Do you use it in fun and creative ways? We want to hear from our 21st century classrooms!
Every month, we will be featuring a new Mathletics Master Class and it could be you. We want to share with our global community, the exciting ways you incorporate Mathletics in your classroom. The Mathletics Master Class will be featured in our newsletter, here on our blog, as well as on Facebook and Twitter. We want our global community to know how you are inspiring our youth to LOVE LEARNING!
The Mathletics Master Class of the Month will get^:
- A feature in our monthly newsletter
- A blog post sharing how Mathletics is used in your classroom
- Social media promotion of your class and school
- Opportunity to create a ‘celebration day’ to be included in our popular monthly Mathletics calendars
- A special Mathletics trophy for your class (maximum 1 trophy per class)
- An entry in the grand prize draw at the end of the year
To enter, email email@example.com and tell us:
- Subject line: Mathletics Master Class
- Your school, class and teacher name
- How long you’ve been using the program
- How you use Mathletics in your classroom. Be sure to include the following details:
- Share your engaging idea. Be sure to include how your fun and creative Mathletics ideas have impacted your classroom or school.
- Submit photos or videos of Mathletics being incorporated in your classroom or school ƚ
- *IDEA*: make this a shared writing activity with your students for a collaborative submission
All submissions will be reviewed by our Mathletics Marketing team and confirmation will be sent out prior to any information being published. Enter now for your chance to be the next Mathletics Master Class of the month.
^ For contest terms and conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ƚ Photos or videos will not be published until a media release form is signed.