Throughout your child’s education, they will be required to write assessments to demonstrate what they have learned throughout the school year. This can be a very stressful time for students.
Check out our top 10 tips that you can share with your child to set them up for success.
1. Keep a positive attitude throughout the test and try to stay relaxed. If you start to feel nervous take a few deep breaths.
2. Pace yourself, don’t rush. Read the whole question and pay attention to all the details.
3. Look for key words in every question to help you to understand and answer what is being asked of you.
4. Write neatly. If the marker can’t read what you have written, your answer may be marked as incorrect.
5. Neatly shade ONE bubble when answering the multiple choice questions. Your answer needs to be clear.
6. A process of elimination may be helpful when answering multiple-choice questions. Remember multiple choice questions are about finding the most correct answer.
7. Plan your written responses. Take a few minutes to decide what you are going to write about and write down a few points to keep yourself on track.
8. Give it a try! If you don’t know the answer, don’t worry. Just do your best to answer the question and at the very least, go with the answer that seems correct.
9. Review. If you have time left when you have finished the assessment, look over it and make sure you haven’t missed any questions. If you have time, redo the questions and check you have indicated the correct answers.
10. Don’t worry if other students finish before you. Focus on what you are doing and what is in front of you.
3P Learning wants to continue to support parents, teachers and students and have established the Parents as Partners program.