January Mathletics Master Class of the Month
We are pleased to announce that our January Mathletics Master Class of the Month is Mrs. Braybrook’s class at River Valley School in Sundre, AB. We were impressed by the creative ways Mrs. Braybrook inspires the love of learning math with her grade 3 class! Read on to get some great ideas for your classroom.
School: River Valley School, Sundre, Alberta
Class: Grade 3
“My grade 3 class at River Valley School in Sundre, Alberta participated in the trial of Mathletics in the spring of 2013. I collected feedback from parents through a survey about their thoughts on how Mathletics was engaging their child in math and contributing to their math success. I also surveyed the students about how they enjoyed it as well as how it was helping them learn math. The support was overwhelming from both students and parents—they wanted to see the subscription to Mathletics continue. I talked to the students about the cost and told them that we would need to persuade our principal that paying for the Mathletics subscription would benefit their math learning. So, every student wrote a letter to the principal to try to persuade him to pay for us to continue our subscription. Thankfully, he agreed! And now, all of the students in grade 3 at our school have subscriptions, as part of a yearlong pilot project on using this website as part of our instructional strategies in math. We use it in a variety of ways—classroom demonstration, review, as a whole class in the computer lab, in small groups and some students take it further and use it at home as well. It has been wonderful to have a tool that is based on our curriculum and integrates technology. A huge shout out to the Mathletics gang!”
Thanks for sharing your great ideas, Mrs. Braybrook! We love your creativity.
Check out Mrs. Braybrook’s blog for even more great ideas!
If you would like to be featured as our Mathletics Master Class of the month, read on to find out how you could be one too.
Become the Mathletics Master Class of the Month
Do you love using Mathletics in your classroom? Do you use it in fun and creative ways? We want to hear from our 21st century classrooms!
Every month, we will be featuring a new Mathletics Master Class and it could be you. We want to share with our global community, the exciting ways you incorporate Mathletics in your classroom. The Mathletics Master Class will be featured in our newsletter, here on our blog, as well as on Facebook and Twitter. We want our global community to know how you are inspiring our youth to LOVE LEARNING!
The Mathletics Master Class of the Month will get^:
- A feature in our monthly newsletter
- A blog post sharing how Mathletics is used in your classroom
- Social media promotion of your class and school
- Opportunity to create a ‘celebration day’ to be included in our popular monthly Mathletics calendars
- A special Mathletics trophy for your class (maximum 1 trophy per class)
- An entry in the grand prize draw at the end of the year
To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- Subject line: Mathletics Master Class
- Your school, class and teacher name
- How long you’ve been using the program
- How you use Mathletics in your classroom. Be sure to include the following details:
- Share your engaging idea. Be sure to include how your fun and creative Mathletics ideas have impacted your classroom or school.
- Submit photos or videos of Mathletics being incorporated in your classroom or school ƚ
- *IDEA*: make this a shared writing activity with your students for a collaborative submission
All submissions will be reviewed by our Mathletics Marketing team and confirmation will be sent out prior to any information being published. Enter now for your chance to be the next Mathletics Master Class of the month.
^ For contest terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com
ƚ Photos or videos will not be published until a media release form is signed.