EduTech Day 1 Takeaways
I love the ability of educators to connect and the power of this has been shown today at EduTech Australia. Previously working in other field speakers were often distant and untouchable; however, the key notes, session leaders and seminar speakers were accessible.
My greatest takeaways so far are:
- Maker spaces are here to stay – contact @ZeinaChalich
- Computational thinking is a concept we are going to hear more and more about.
- One size and method of technology implementation does not fit all.
- Backchannels are something to consider implementing in classrooms as it draws out the students who would often draw back.
- What would a classroom be like if we took most of the furniture away?
- How can we allow students to collaboratively complete assessments after completing an individual assessment?
- The value of teachmeets – learning from the grassroots.
- Authentic assessment and teaching is crucial.