Going into the fourth day of the challenge, there is a fierce battle at the top of the schools leaderboard between Pahklimae Gumnaasium and Metskula Algkool from Estonia, but the British International School of Ljubljana and Iorgu Radu School in Romania are snapping at their heels! Remember, to get the most challenge points you can for your school, all students who are registered to take part in the challenge need to play and get as many points as they can, so get Mathleticking everyone!!!
In honour of the valiant efforts of our top schools, here are some facts about Estonia!
- Estonia has a population of just 1.3 million but is larger than Denmark or Holland!
- Estonia is almost 50% forest.
- Estonia has over 1,500 islands!
- The highest point in Estonia is 318 meters!
- Roads are traffic jam free!!
- In 2011 Tallinn will be the European Capital of Culture.
If you would like to add some facts about Estonia, or would like us to post some facts you have put together about the country you live in, please email us at email@example.com.
Best of luck with the challenge everyone, let’s see how the leaderboard will look on day 5….!