May Mathletics Master Class
We are excited to announce our May Mathletics Master Class recipient – Ashley Jarvie, Grade 6 teacher at École Viscount Alexander, part of the Pembina Trails School Division in Winnipeg, MB.
School: École Viscount Alexander
Teacher: Ashley Jarvie
We were happy to learn that Ms. Jarvie is using lesson differentiation in order to customize every student’s learning based on their needs. This ensures that learning gaps are filled.
“When our school decided to try out the Mathletics program, I was a little hesitant. In the past, I have tried other online math programs that claimed to be curriculum aligned and easy to use; however, I was always left disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised by Mathletics.
As a teacher, I really appreciate how easy it is to differentiate lessons. I can easily reach every student whether they need to be challenged or to take a step back to fill in gaps. Finding relevant lessons is incredibly easy with the search option and the “something harder” or “something easier” tabs. I also love that I can add a lesson or two from previous units to keep concepts and strategies fresh in my students’ minds.”
Ms. Jarvie has seen a significant increase in students’ engagement with math since starting Mathletics, as well as increased results. The competitive nature of Live Mathletics inspires a love of learning.
“My class looks forward to Mathletics day every week. The students are very motivated to do well on each lesson and love to show me their scores. The friendly competition that arises during Live Math sessions encourages students to strive for fluency with basic facts. I also enjoy it when they encourage each other when they are competing against students from other parts of the world.
Another motivator for students is the credits they earn due to self-improvement. Mathletics is so user friendly that my students figured out the credit system and how to upgrade their avatars all on their own.”
Ms. Jarvie strives to make the most out of Mathletics in order to set her students up for success.
“I know I have only scratched the surface of what my students and I can achieve with Mathletics and I look forward to taking advantage of all the amazing learning opportunities it has to offer.”
Thank you to Ms. Jarvie for sharing!
Do you have a fun or creative way you integrate Mathletics into your class? If so, you could be a Mathletics Master Class of the Month too!
Become the Mathletics Master Class of the Month
Do you love using Mathletics into your classroom? Do you use it in fun and creative ways? We want to hear from our 21st century classrooms!
Every month, we will be featuring a new Mathletics Master Class and it could be you. We want to share with our global community, the exciting ways you incorporate Mathletics in your classroom. The Mathletics Master Class will be featured in our newsletter, here on our blog, as well as on Facebook and Twitter. We want our global community to know how you are inspiring our youth to LOVE LEARNING!
The Mathletics Master Class of the Month will get^:
- A feature in our monthly newsletter
- A blog post sharing how Mathletics is used in your classroom
- Social media promotion of your class and school
- Opportunity to create a ‘celebration day’ to be included in our popular monthly Mathletics calendars
- A special Mathletics trophy for your class (maximum 1 trophy per class)
- An entry in the grand prize draw at the end of the year
To enter, email email@example.com and tell us:
- Subject line: Mathletics Master Class
- Your school, class and teacher name
- How long you’ve been using the program
- How you use Mathletics in your classroom. Be sure to include the following details:
- Share your engaging idea. Be sure to include how your fun and creative Mathletics ideas have impacted your classroom or school.
- Submit photos or videos of Mathletics being incorporated in your classroom or school ƚ
- *IDEA*: make this a shared writing activity with your students for a collaborative submission
All submissions will be reviewed by our Mathletics Marketing team and confirmation will be sent out prior to any information being published. Enter now for your chance to be the next Mathletics Master Class of the month.