December Mathletics Master Class of the Month
We are pleased to announce that our December Mathletics Master Class of the Month is Mrs. Davies’ Grade 5 class at Consort School in Consort, AB. We were impressed by the creative way Mrs. Davies encourages her students to use Mathletics not only during class but also at home, on the road, or anywhere they have an Internet connection! Read on to get some great ideas for your class.
School: Consort School, Consort, Alberta
Class: Grade 5
Teacher: Mrs. Davies
“My students have been enjoying Mathletics since May of last year, so about 5 months. Each morning when my grade five students get off the bus, they have about 20 min before classes begin and so I have them practice math by doing math games. One of the sites we use is Mathletics. I encourage my students to use it at home, on the road, and in the classroom. They use their phones and take a picture of their login name and password so that they have it with them at all times. I find that [Mathletics] is a different way to present information, strengthen basic math skills, and keep them interested! They don’t even realize they are learning because they are having so much fun!”
Thanks for sharing your great idea, Mrs. Davies! We love your creativity.
If you would like to be featured as our Mathletics Master Class of the month, read on to find out how you could be one too.
Become the Mathletics Master Class of the Month
Do you love using Mathletics in your classroom? Do you use it in fun and creative ways? We want to hear from our 21st century classrooms!
Every month, we will be featuring a new Mathletics Master Class and it could be you. We want to share with our global community, the exciting ways you incorporate Mathletics in your classroom. The Mathletics Master Class will be featured in our newsletter, here on our blog, as well as on Facebook and Twitter. We want our global community to know how you are inspiring our youth to LOVE LEARNING!
The Mathletics Master Class of the Month will get^:
- A feature in our monthly newsletter
- A blog post sharing how Mathletics is used in your classroom
- Social media promotion of your class and school
- Opportunity to create a ‘celebration day’ to be included in our popular monthly Mathletics calendars
- A special Mathletics trophy for your class (maximum 1 trophy per class)
- An entry in the grand prize draw at the end of the year
To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- Subject line: Mathletics Master Class
- Your school, class and teacher name
- How long you’ve been using the program
- How you use Mathletics in your classroom. Be sure to include the following details:
- Share your engaging idea. Be sure to include how your fun and creative Mathletics ideas have impacted your classroom or school.
- Submit photos or videos of Mathletics being incorporated in your classroom or school ƚ
- *IDEA*: make this a shared writing activity with your students for a collaborative submission
All submissions will be reviewed by our Mathletics Marketing team and confirmation will be sent out prior to any information being published. Enter now for your chance to be the next Mathletics Master Class of the month.
^ For contest terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com
ƚ Photos or videos will not be published until a media release form is signed.