Last year, following the success of our annual World Maths Day event, the Middle East team here at Mathletics hosted the very first ever Middle East Schools Maths Challenge. The event was a huge success with tens of thousands of students from schools right across the Middle East taking part. The competition was so successful we will be hosting the second Middle East Maths Challenge later this year.
The event will run between 2nd – 9th May 2010 and will be a major FREE week-long competition, seeing pupils involved in a huge online Mathematics spectacular. Every single school in the Middle East will be invited to take part with students, classes and schools battling it out to gain enough points to be crowned No. 1!
Why should schools take part?
- A great way to focus on numeracy and mathematical achievement in schools.
- It will create an amazing buzz around Mathematics schools. A live competition Hall of Fame will track the top scoring schools and classes – students will love it!
- Designed for all ages and ability levels. Simple to register and participate.
- Great prizes for students and schools.
- Schools can compete for the honour of being crowned “No. 1”.
- And it’s absolutely free!!
These events have proven to be very effective at driving enthusiasm and attainment in maths, and we are very excited to be bringing the format to the Middle East again this year.
More news will be released soon, but be sure to put the dates in your schools diary! To register for more information about the Middle East Schools Challenge – CLICK HERE