Together let’s celebrate Book Week!
16 – 22 August 2014
Book Week is the longest running children’s festival in Australia, celebrating its 69th birthday in 2014. Each year, hundreds of schools and public libraries across Australia spend a week celebrating books, Australian authors and illustrators.
Reading to connect, has broader social meaning, suggesting that reading helps to create bonds with others. In light of this year’s theme, lets connect with reading and explore as many stories as we can together.
Here are a few ways to get your teachers, librarians and students involved:
- Read. Together with your class, explore and enjoy the ABC Reading Eggspress Big Books.
- Recount. Spark discussion in the classroom through having students read and recount books which illustrate this year’s theme.
- Write. Have students create their own ‘Reading to Connect’ inspired short story using the ABC Reading Eggspress Writing Press. Or get your students to write their very own story in Story Factory.
- Illustrate. Animate student’s inner illustrator and have them create the ultimate ‘Reading to Connect’ poster.
- Inspire. Create a 2014 Reading Resolution and inspire a love of reading in your students. Certificates available! Find out more here.